On Sunday night, the Ciroc Amaretto Launch Party/VMA afterparty was held at the Ph-D at Dream Downtown in New York City. Yesterday, Twitter buzzed with rumors that Diddy and J. Cole were both involved in an incident at the Ph-D afterparty. Today, we hear more about what possibly sparked their post-VMA “fight.”
Multiple sources familiar with the situation told Complex it went down like this:
1. Diddy was visibly intoxicated.
2. He tried to confront Kendrick over the “King of New York” claim in his “Control” freestyle.
3. Diddy allegedly attempted to pour a drink on Kendrick, and J. Cole intervened.
4. The two started arguing and Cole allegedly put his hands on Diddy, which then led to problems between their respective crews.
5. After a brief scuffle, both crews separated.